(1) Addresses will consist of a street number and road name. All street numbers shall conform to the county grid system. The general standards used in the street address grid system are as follows:
A. There shall be one thousand (1,000) numbers per mile;
B. North and south numbers shall begin with zero at the Base Line Road near Melba;
C. West numbers begin at the Boise meridian in Ada County and number west from that meridian. The first mile in Canyon County, McDermott Road, will be the four thousand (4,000) mile.
(2) The owner and/or occupants of every dwelling and business shall place or install or allow to be placed or installed in a position visible from the street, address numbers as hereinafter directed. The general requirements for addressing are as follows:
A. Only one number shall be assigned to each business use or dwelling unit;
B. All addresses shall be assigned based on the location of the structure in relation to the street it fronts;
C. All addresses located on the north and east sides of the streets shall be even numbers; all addresses located on the south and west sides of the streets shall be odd numbers. These requirements may be varied in the case of winding streets or circles. When a street has been determined to be running in predominately one direction, the numbering may continue as determined by the director.
(3) Corner properties shall be addressed off of the street which the primary structure fronts.
(4) Apartments, campuses, strip malls, and other such developments may only have one address number assigned depending on the design and layout of the development; with additional building or suite numbers assigned within the development.
(5) Manufactured housing or mobile homes shall be assigned individual street addresses according to the requirements herein, whether they are located on individual lots or in developed parks.
(6) An existing street address may be renumbered by the director when it is confusing or hinders emergency personnel in locating the given address. Address numbers, including renumbered addresses, shall be maintained at the expense of the owner(s). (Ord. 11-008, 5-23-2011)